Re: [IMP-dev] First code review

I should add that we do, eventually, want good coverage of our API with example code. However, that coverage just has to be thorough enough so that any any usage can be figured out trivially, no so that any function can be called by cutting a pasting a particular line of code.

It might be worth adding a examples directory at some point. Personally, I would really like it if the examples were built and run as part of the test suite and their output checked, just so that we know they are always working.