Re: [IMP-dev] Git and IMP and more frequent releases

Makes sense to get the next release out the door before any big changes, assuming that will happen in the next couple of months. I don't think every 6 months is frequent enough to solve the main problem regarding people who only update IMP infrequently. Not so much due to the period per se, but rather the latency, since their updates tend to be driven by needing some new feature and with a 6 month release cycle, that means waiting 3 months on average.

I also think, with a git-flow type of setup and with the infrastructure Ben setup for nightly builds, releases should become close to free. That is, all unstable stuff should be in a separate branch, so it is just taking the main branch and rebasing the release branch off of it. And no significant cleanup needed.