Re: [IMP-dev] Git and IMP and more frequent releases

On 06/14/2012 09:54 AM, Daniel Russel wrote:
At the imp-dev meeting yesterday, the question of switching to git
from svn was raised. The hope is that it would facilitate having more
frequent mini-releases of IMP (monthly being a target) as it makes it
much easier to maintain parallel development threads.

We already committed to 6 month releases for the upcoming funding period. Personally I think every month is too frequent for anything but minor bug fixes, but we'll see how it plays out. I'll look into git, but I'd rather get a stable release out the door before any major infrastructural changes (MultiFit is the blocker here, of course, but all the major hurdles are out of the way there now).