Re: [IMP-dev] No more IMP releases?

>    I don't agree. There is no way that we can do sufficient testing of the
>    code itself, packaging, documentation etc. etc. to warrant making this
>    our primary distribution channel.
It currently is our primary distribution channel currently

Right, and that isn't a long term solution. An untested, always sort-of-broken nightly build cheapens the whole product. People expect to see well tested stable builds from time to time.

I suspect that if we are going to make releases work we need to have
them every 6 months or so

Yes, that's what we already committed ourselves to.