Re: [IMP-dev] No more IMP releases?

On 12/14/2011 11:26 AM, Daniel Russel wrote:
Now that Ben has made the nightly builds available online it might make
sense to move away from our current nominally release based distribution
model to one based on just making the actively developed version of IMP
more readily available.

I don't agree. There is no way that we can do sufficient testing of the code itself, packaging, documentation etc. etc. to warrant making this our primary distribution channel. And a periodic stable release is 1) an excellent way to motivate us to polish things from time to time rather than always being in development and 2) is mandated anyway by our funding.