Re: [IMP-dev] Multichain proteins

2009/10/8 Dina Schneidman <">>
I used "introduction to protein structure" branden &tooze as a source
(nice book!). If I remember correctly the same story appears in
biochemistry textbooks.

The very same definition, put it in extreme terms, will allow us to call a entire fiber of "proteins" in the cell as one protein (think about filaments, etc), something that I've seen nobody doing. I guess that the definition is kind of loose, but is not going to help us, in terms of our software, to call a PROTEIN to something that has a big number of chains. I would slightly prefer complex[1].protein[1] than protein[1].chain[1], but not enough to discuss it too much.