Re: [IMP-dev] connectivity restraints

On Sep 21, 2009, at 3:54 PM, Daniel Russel wrote:

I think the problem is that the list of particles the connectivity restraint ends up with is [p0,p1...p5]. You should just give it two particles, one for each protein (with radius and center computed from a sphere cover, or with the distance computed using a particle refiner).
could you give an example, please? i have no clue what a refiner does. the doc says it returns particles. no clue which ones ... what'd happen if i have different granularities in one protein (atoms and fragments).

I doubt the code below ever really did what you wanted (although it might have happened to agree:-)

yes, it did work fine. probably going back to brad, the syntax was simply to specify each protein as a list. pretty convenient ... at some point in the recent months, it started being ignored which particles are put into IMP.Particles. they seem to be just thrown into one basket, which they were not before. needless to say i'd prefer that simple syntax compared dealing with hyper-abstract classes etc unless someone convinces me of the necessity of those. anyway, help with getting that functionality would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

frido

I can explain better once I'm back in the US in two days.