Re: [IMP-dev] Atom::create

On 08/07/2009 10:37 AM, Daniel Russel wrote:
A simpler hack is to just prefix hetatoms with "H" since I'm pretty sure
the atom types for ATOM records are all well defined. My guess is that
hetatom types in the PDB are a bit of a mess, but perhaps things are
better than that :-)

Fortunately as of the last remediation of PDB, they have a standardized dictionary for HETATMs. So while many things in PDB are still a mess, atom names are not (at last).