Re: [IMP-dev] Failure rate of restraints

if you really want to provide a solution making most people happy i'd
suggest learning from x-ray crystallography. there restraints are
commonly scaled by doing a number of optimizations to get an estimate
for the scaling. a similar solution would be greatly appreciated, but
it is considerable amount of work.

i am pretty sure that any default scaling would by far be insufficient
for most cases, not to speak of 80 %. already ben's example with the
homology-based restraints should make it obvious that a generic
scaling factor is probably impossible to derive in a rather heuristic
framework as imp or modeller.

therefore, if you really intend to make a one-fits-all solution i'd
advocate for a serious effort in analogy to established x-ray
protocols. fudge solutions won't buy anything, i predict. e.g., what
about the resolution of em maps. just to name one problem ...

cheers

frido