Re: [IMP-dev] FFTW license

Javier Ángel Velázquez Muriel wrote:
> I'm going to need a FFT library. Is FFTW a possibility (Daniel says
> there are workarounds) or would you suggest something else?

It would be much easier to use one that has a permissive license - there
is certainly no need to reimplement FFT since there are many many
implementations already out there. See for example the "FFT Source Code"
links at http://www.fftw.org/links.html. I guess it depends on what you
want to use it for, but it may make sense to choose one of the public
domain (PD) codes listed there that also performs well on the FFTW
benchmarks.