Re: [IMP-dev] Problem when reading a Spider EM map in Python

Javier Ángel Velázquez Muriel wrote:
> TypeError: in method 'DensityMap_Read', argument 3 of type
> 'MapReaderWriter &'

> Seems that SWIG is not wrapping properly MapReaderWriter or is getting
> confused by passing a IMP object like SpiderMapReaderWriter to the EMbed
> class DensityMap. Any help?

It seems to think that SpiderMapReaderWriter is not a subclass of
MapReaderWriter. Usually the solution to this problem is to tell SWIG
about the base class, using %import if it's a different module (as it is
in this case). But you seem to be doing that already. Does SWIG run
without warning about missing base classes, etc.? If not, the warnings
should point you towards the problem. Does the problem still occur with
the code you checked in to IMP? If so, I can take a look at it.