[IMP-dev] Vector 3D in a double precision?

I have another question with regard to maintaining double precision.

Currently all vector related classes are defined on the basis of float data type (single-precision), so I'm losing accuracy whenever I use double data type in a Vector3D class.

Do you have any update plan to implement Vector3D class in a double precision? I think it should be very useful for higher accuracy.

Many Thanks!
Seung Joong Kim

Ben Webb wrote:
Seung Joong Kim wrote:
By default, Float data type is defined as "typedef float Float;" and it
can have a corresponding FloatKey.

But in the case of "double" data type for higher accuracy, there is no
DoubleKey assigned currently.

I'm just curious about it.  Do you think is it necessary to define
DoubleKey as well?
or is it safe to use FloatKey instead?

If all you want to do is to use double-precision floating point data in
your calculations, by all means go ahead and use the "double" data type.
We would only need a "DoubleKey" if we wanted to explicitly store
double-precision floating point data in the IMP Particles (but we
probably don't need to do that).

	Ben