Re: [IMP-dev] FloatKey In a Double precision?

Seung Joong Kim wrote:
> By default, Float data type is defined as "typedef float Float;" and it
> can have a corresponding FloatKey.
>
> But in the case of "double" data type for higher accuracy, there is no
> DoubleKey assigned currently.
>
> I'm just curious about it.  Do you think is it necessary to define
> DoubleKey as well?
> or is it safe to use FloatKey instead?

If all you want to do is to use double-precision floating point data in
your calculations, by all means go ahead and use the "double" data type.
We would only need a "DoubleKey" if we wanted to explicitly store
double-precision floating point data in the IMP Particles (but we
probably don't need to do that).