Re: [IMP-dev] Simplified SConscripts in core, misc

Seung Joong Kim wrote:
Sorry, I have same opinion with Ben. Since the SAXS module is being built from scratch, sometimes it can happen that I store some temporary files for a testing purpose (although I never commit them to SVN depository)...
I agree that it is useful to be able to use put other files in there when writing things from scratch. And that is part of my motivation for pushing an automatic solution. With the current setup, if you want to have a header which only exists in your local copy, you have to add it to the SConscript. If you decide to add another header to the repository, you have to make sure that you remove references to your temp header before you check in the SConscript file.

If you have files you don't want compiled, then you can put them in any other directory without problems.

Daniel Russel wrote:
I've been using a simplified set of SConscripts for the search module which simply uses all .h's in include/ and include/*/ and all .cpps in src and src/*/ rather than just a specified list. The removes the need to run the make-sconscript script when you add headers. Unless anyone objects I'll change the core scripts to do this. And then there will be one less thing to keep in sync :-)