Re: [IMP-dev] patch to the patch process

the thing is that the Point will need the same functions as the Vector has and sometimes you have to move the Point in the Vector direction, so they need to interact anyway.

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Ben Webb <">> wrote:
Dina Schneidman wrote:
> It looks like I don't have permissions to commit into this patch folder.

Right - because currently it lives under kernel/doc, which you don't
have write permissions for. I will move it somewhere with less
restrictive permissions.

> so I attached my patch that computes distance between two vectors.

I don't think VectorD is the best place for such methods, since vectors
are designed primarily for use as distances, not as points, hence the
presence of distance-like methods such as the scalar product. However,
there are a couple of places in the code where Vectors are used to
represent points. Perhaps a separate Point class would be a cleaner
interface though. Opinions?

">                      http://salilab.org/~ben/