Re: [IMP-dev] NBL cleanup and other small patches

On Apr 26, 2008, at 1:38 PM, Ben Webb wrote:

Daniel Russel wrote:
O(N) is not is irrelevant. The constants are what matters and they
were bad. The code I submitted is better, but still not as fast as the
CGAL one.

I must be misunderstanding your benchmark, in that case.
Typo. I meant "O(N) or not is irrelevant" as the constants are what really matters. But yes, as I mentioned before, supporting different sized particles makes it not O(N) as there is a term to handle the spread in radii.

Nope, the other way around: anything can be linked to LGPL. We still
have to respect the licenses of our dependencies. LGPL is what I
proposed for IMP, but Andrej has not yet made a decision on this score.
I proposed LGPL so that others could write their own extension modules
and not be forced to make them open source.
Yes and anything can be linked against QPL, from my understanding, so I don't see the problem. What am I missing?