Re: [IMP-dev] Harmonic cleanup

I can do this very easily without any changes to the C++ code. But maybe
for consistency between C++ and Python it makes more sense to replace
operator() with evaluate(feat) and evaluate_deriv(feat, &deriv) ?
I like having C++ and python the same and (*f_)(value) looks kind of silly anyway.

If it can be made to work easily in python, I would propose have the deriv version return a pair or tuple in C++ too.

It would be really nice to be able to run tests on unary
functions.

Well, we already can, of course - just not on the derivatives.
Sure. But consistency between function and its derivative seems like the main nontrivial thing to check.