Re: [IMP-dev] Logging

Daniel Russel wrote:
Logging is currently a bit of a mess in IMP as it basically output whatever I was last interested in looking at.

...and because I never look at the log output.

VERBOSE: each restraint/state should output enough information to determine the flow through the code. For example, a restraint should print out each term of its energy (so the energy for each pair of particles for example). TERSE: each restraint/state should print a constant number of lines per evaluate call

Sounds fine to me (although the first sounds "very verbose" to me - that's a huge amount of logging in some cases). Stick some description along those lines into the documentation, and then we can try to follow that convention in future.