Re: [IMP-dev] Minor patches

Daniel Russel wrote:
First, I changed vector so that it is get_magnitude rather than just magnitude to be consistent with the rest of IMP. I also added operator* for the dot product and operator- (and difference for python) since that is pretty standard and added a method to XYZDecorator to get a vector for the current position.

Doesn't compile. But I fixed it for you. ;)

There is also no need for a difference method. Python can override operators too (except for =, of course, since everything in Python is a reference). And we shouldn't be putting "only for Python" junk into the C++ API anyway - you can use %extend in the SWIG interface for that sort of thing. I'll fix this in a later patch.

I also intentionally did not put in operator* for dot product before (I do know what an overloaded operator is!), so that people wouldn't get confused and think it was cross product. But what do others think?

Third, I added a comment about the internal checks in nonbonded list test.

Was that comment intended for test_frido_spheres() ? That's the test case which seems to make no sense to me - not test_spheres2().