Re: [IMP-dev] removing modeldata

Daniel Russel wrote:
The mac gcc completely ignores the friend declaration. Just make everything public in FloatIndex for now. It is protected in Optimizer anyway.

Fair enough. The patch looks OK to me, although I wonder why you didn't use the perfectly good InactiveParticleException for people trying to touch inactive particles, rather than ValueException...

I get the same errors on my mac and on flute. And without the PYTHONPATH being set to anything.
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/ python2.5/tokenize.py", line 283, in generate_tokens
     raise TokenError, ("EOF in multi-line statement", (lnum, 0))
tokenize.TokenError: ('EOF in multi-line statement', (484, 0))

It is probably a problem parsing some non-imp file floating around in the source tree. "scons standards" tends to process random files it finds lying around. There are no extra .py, .h or .cpp files around, so I am not sure what it chokes on.

It must be a .py file somewhere, because this error is from the Python reindenter. As of r436, it'll tell you which file it fell over on, at least. "scons standards" does indeed process "random" files, because it didn't seem worth putting in all the extra logic to have it parse only those files under SVN control. Your suspect file is probably something like

foo = """
i.e. with a non-terminated multi-line string constant.