Re: [IMP-dev] removing modeldata

On Feb 26, 2008, at 10:18 PM, Ben Webb wrote:

Daniel Russel wrote:
I wanted some easy coding so I made a quick pass at removing ModelData.

It doesn't compile on my Mac:
The mac gcc completely ignores the friend declaration. Just make everything public in FloatIndex for now. It is protected in Optimizer anyway.

Anyway, the tests pass. Check standards still bombs, so I don't know if
it passes that.

No, it doesn't. I don't know why it doesn't work on your system, because it runs fine on every machine I've tried it on. It's not like it's doing
anything complicated, anyway - just reading a file line by line, and
applying a handful of regexes. So I suspect you have a screwed up Python
path or something on your machine.
I get the same errors on my mac and on flute. And without the PYTHONPATH being set to anything.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "tools/check-standards.py", line 81, in <module>
    main()
  File "tools/check-standards.py", line 72, in main
    check_modified_file(filename, errors)
  File "tools/check-standards.py", line 47, in check_modified_file
    check_python_file(filename, errors)
  File "tools/check-standards.py", line 36, in check_python_file
    if r.run():
  File "/Users/drussel/src/IMP/tools/reindent.py", line 166, in run
    tokenize.tokenize(self.getline, self.tokeneater)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/ python2.5/tokenize.py", line 153, in tokenize
    tokenize_loop(readline, tokeneater)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/ python2.5/tokenize.py", line 159, in tokenize_loop
    for token_info in generate_tokens(readline):
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/ python2.5/tokenize.py", line 283, in generate_tokens
    raise TokenError, ("EOF in multi-line statement", (lnum, 0))
tokenize.TokenError: ('EOF in multi-line statement', (484, 0))

It is probably a problem parsing some non-imp file floating around in the source tree. "scons standards" tends to process random files it finds lying around. There are no extra .py, .h or .cpp files around, so I am not sure what it chokes on.