Re: [IMP-dev] pdb patch

fine - I personally prefer name, but you are the boss :)
On Feb 13, 2008, at 4:35 PM, Ben Webb wrote:

Keren Lasker wrote:
2. The atom type could be argued to really be 'name', since, for
example, AT_CG1 and AT_CG2 are both carbon, and this is orthogonal from
the CHARMM forcefield type (probably CT2 or CT3).
In modeller this data is stored as name

Indeed - the name of the atom largely determines its type, so the two
are somewhat intertwined.

We should just use what ever is the convention - which I thought was
name, but if not than we can leave it as it is.

As with everything related to PDB, I don't think there is any kind of
convention.