Re: [IMP-dev] pdb patch

Ben Webb wrote:
Keren Lasker wrote:
To follow pdb conventions, a patch that renames the type attribute to name attribute in both AtomDecerator and ResidueDecerator is attached.

Why should we follow PDB conventions anyway? And I have a couple of other problems with this proposed patch: 1. The residue type really is a type. All THY residues are thymines, for example - it's not an arbitrary name.
I generally agree with you for those reasons (obviously, I guess, since I did it that way). However, calling it name seems to be more common (not that I have done an exhaustive survey). If there really is a strong convention, we probably should follow that.