Re: [IMP-dev] Restraint niggles

Daniel Russel wrote:
No one seems to ever use the name on Restraints as opposed to restraint sets. I propose we get rid of the name field to make restraint lighter.

Agreed.

I also propose we get rid of the active flag as it is not really used and can also be pushed into a restraint set if the functionality is desired.

It's not really used because we don't have any tests or applications for turning particles on and off yet, and it's my recollection that restraints would become deactivated if they acted on turned-off particles. Certainly in the Modeller world any single restraint can be turned on or off during the course of an optimization, so that would require putting every single restraint into its own restraint set. So I think we should keep the active flag for now. It's only one bool. ;)