Re: [IMP-dev] Proposal: new OptimizerState class

Daniel Russel wrote:
Sounds generally good.

What is the role of the State base class (that OptimizerState and ScoreState inherit from). Would you want to allow things derived from State and OptimizerState but not ScoreState to to added as optimizer states? We can do that if we want, but it is a bit unusual.

If not, I think we should nix the common base class.

Agreed. There is no common functionality that I can think of (some cut and paste code, but that's no excuse for forcing inheritance). Initial implementation as r659.