Re: [IMP-dev] First significant code review

Daniel Russel wrote:
DistanceRestraint now takes a pair of ParticleIndexes and a ScoreFunc which it then owns.

On this subject, did you make any more progress with the reference counting code? It seems like this would be a obvious candidate for reference counting (e.g. an excluded volume may create thousands of distance restraints, all of which share a single scoring function by increasing its reference count). I seem to recall that you were stuck at the Python interface. If this is still the case, I can take a look, as I (probably) know a bit about the SWIG internals.

If others think reference counting of IMP objects is a bad idea, now's the time to say...