Re: [IMP-dev] rmf questions

On 9/18/14, 4:25 AM, Yannick SPILL wrote:
1) What happens if a program that carries an open rmf3 file handle gets
killed? Is the rmf file likely to be corrupted? or is this only going to
affect the last frame?

If you're reading the file, nothing. If you're writing it, it should only be the last frame that is affected.

2) I use the following code to reprocess trajectories

Looks fine.

Does that sound ok to you? The reason I'm asking, is I get a problem
with the written coordinates. They seem to be wrapped when they are too
big, e.g. like in a periodic box. Any clues appreciated.

I'm happy to help if you can provide a minimal example. Open an issue on github. (But I can't think of any reason why coordinates would be wrapped, unless you're going outside the range that can be stored in a double.)