Re: [IMP-dev] slow molecule building

On 9/13/14, 4:27 AM, Yannick Spill wrote:
512  [yannick@lap-2 lysozyme]$ impf python test.py
init 0.135031938553
angles 0.0178110599518
dihedrals 0.414628982544

Right, it's the actual lookup of the CHARMM parameter information that takes the time. That's tricky to speed up (and at 0.4s I don't think it's worth worrying about too much) because of the way these parameters are specified (more than one parameter can be given for each dihedral, and wildcards need to be checked). But there were some unnecessary copies in there which I just removed - that should speed it up some.