Re: [IMP-dev] So maybe let have the first IMP mini-release by next week?

On 4/11/13 5:15 PM, Daniel Russel wrote:
As long as everything compiles, the examples actually work, and
there aren't any serious test failures (this last is open to
interpretation, of course!), we may as well make a full release.
And the current state is more or less there :-)

Indeed. Great work everybody!

Of course, there's no reason not to also have a stable branch
updated at the same time as a numbered release.
What would be the benefit of a third branch?

Not a branch in the same sense, but a tag (which in SVN at least are just branches that aren't updated). So we update master every 6 months as the release branch, and just tag it each time with a version number (2.0, 2.1, etc.). Then I'll build binary packages and update the website with that. Easier to remember a version number than a git hash. ;)