Re: [IMP-dev] hierarchy

The quick answer is "nope" :-) Part of the reason is that we don't want to embed the assumption that the hierarchy has the same depth everywhere in code, and methods like that are hard to use without that assumption. The original idea had been that one would extract layers from the hierarchy by various criteria, such as radius. That is, ask for
- give me the finest level representation
- give me a representation where the particles all have radius close to 15A
etc
The atom::Selection class gives that sort of capability (by setting the radius for the selection).