Re: [IMP-dev] sampler vs. optimizer

Daniel, this classification is still confusing.
In general, a sampler is a conformation generation scheme that follows a
probability distribution: uniform (as in the example given by Daniel),
Boltzmann (constant temperature MD or BD, as well as Monte Carlo with
set_return_best(False)) or posterior probability (such as the Gibbs
sampling in ISD).

An optimizer instead only aims at lowest energies (Conjugated
Gradient, Steepest Descent... Monte Carlo with set_return_best(True))