Re: [IMP-dev] Volume calculation for an elongated protein in IMP?

hi SJ:

Yes the volume calculation assumes the protein is globular.
The way the function works is getting approximated volume from mass and then finding a threshold of a EM density map that meets the predicted volume (this function was contributed by Ben S).
To make the functionality usable for elongated ones, we need a function to predict volume from mass from elongated proteins.
We currently do not have one and I am sure sure how to calculate volume from mass for elongated proteins - maybe someone else knows?

Keren.