Re: [IMP-dev] inactivate restraints

On Feb 4, 2011, at 12:23 PM, Friedrich Foerster wrote:

> thanks.
> but is there any less awkward way of doing it. for example, it'd be
> nice to change weights (or spring constants) during optimization for
> individual restraints as possible for restraint_sets.
Currently you can't change weights of individual particles. But it is now pretty easy to add that ability due to some changes I made in the Restraint architecture. I'll look into doing that.

> for example, is
> there a way of casting a restraint as a Harmonic restraint or whatever
> it is generated?
You can attempt to cast between IMP.Objects with eg
pr= IMP.core.PairRestraint.get_from(a_restraint)
Due to a bug you can't currently do this to get an IMP.core.Harmonic (I'll check in a fix for that in the next few minutes).