Re: [IMP-dev] imppy.sh

It overrides everything. The reason for it is that
- the decision was made that the build process should not depend on environment variables, only values that were explicitly passed to SCons
- imppy.sh is launched from scons in order to run tests, when launched from scons it doesn't get the values of external environment variables (such as PYTHONPATH, LDLIBRARYPATH, PATH etc)
- confusing things happen if tests are run as part of "scons test" with different values for PATH, PYTHONPATH, LDLIBRARYPATH etc than when they are run directly using imppy.sh. For example, a different version of python could be silently used, different python libraries could be loaded, or a different version of IMP loaded.
- the purpose of imppy.sh is to aid in testing of code being developed for IMP, so differences in test environments are important.
- you can easily add things to the python path using the pythonpath argument to scons.

I don't agree with the reasons behind the first statement, but given that, it is definitely better to have imppy.sh use the pythonpath from scons.

Make sense?