Re: [IMP-dev] Stubborn IMP with boost

The log just cuts off like that? Scons may have gotten messed up. Try deleting .scon*. Or did you fill up you hard drive?

On Dec 1, 2009, at 10:56 PM, Javier Ãngel VelÃzquez Muriel <">> wrote:

No luck, something else is going on here. I went to config.log and:

1) Received a message that conftest_1.c does not exist.
2) Tried svn update. Does not work, does not add the files.
3) Copied the files from .sconf_temp/ from a PREVIOUS version of imp that I save 'just in case'.
4) Sort of works better, compiles the .c files in .sconf_temp/, but I still get this:

file /chime1/home/javi/imp/trunk/scons_tools/__init__.py,line 205:
    Configure(confdir = .sconf_temp)
scons: Configure: Checking whether compiler supports -fvisibility...
scons: Configure: ".sconf_temp/conftest_0.c" is up to date.
scons: Configure: The original builder output was:
  |.sconf_temp/conftest_0.c <-
  |  |
  |  |__attribute__ ((visibility("default")))
  |  |int main(void)
  |  |{ return 0; }
  |  |

gcc -o .sconf_temp/conftest_0.o -c -Wall -O2 -fvisibility=hidden .sconf_temp/conftest_0.c
gcc -o .sconf_temp/conftest_0 .sconf_temp/conftest_0.o
scons: Configure: yes

file /chime1/home/javi/imp/trunk/scons_tools/boost.py,line 31:
    Configure(confdir = .sconf_temp)
scons: Configure: Checking for Boost version >= 1.33...
scons: Configure: ".sconf_temp/conftest_1.cpp" is up to date.
scons: Configure: The original builder output was:
  |.sconf_temp/conftest_1.cpp <-
  |  |#include <boost/version.hpp>
  |  |#include <iostream>
  |  |
  |  |        int main()
  |  |        {
  |  |            std::cout << BOOST_LIB_VERSION <<std::endl;
  |  |            return BOOST_VERSION >= 103300 ? 0 : 1;
  |  |        }
  |  |

g++ -o .sconf_temp/conftest_1.o -c -Woverloaded-virtual -Wall -O2 .sconf_temp/conftest_1.cpp
scons: Configure: ".sconf_temp/conftest_1" is up to date.
scons: Configure: The original builder output was:
  |g++ -o .sconf_temp/conftest_1 .sconf_temp/conftest_1.o

.sconf_temp/conftest_1 > .sconf_temp/conftest_1.out
scons: Configure:

5) I've tried changing the includepath to 'usr/include' and a local copy of boost in my home dir, taking care of the /boost error. No luck. Brainless now :P

2009/12/1 Daniel Russel <">">>
You can look in your config.log to see what exactly the error was when trying to detect boost (it tries to compile a little test program which includes the boost version header). Post the contents if you can't figure it out.

The include path should be such that "boost/version.hpp" is located in a directory in it, so adding "/usr/include/boost" is wrong, it would be "/usr/include". However, "/usr/include" is searched by default, so you shouldn't have to add it.

It may not be boost related and may just be that you are passing some bad compiler flags which break all compilations. It might be worth adding a test for that to make error messages less confusing.

On Dec 1, 2009, at 10:10 PM, Javier Ãngel VelÃzquez Muriel wrote:

Hi, I am receiving this error for the first time after just updating:

Checking for Boost version >= 1.33...

Boost version >= 1.33 is required to build IMP, but it could not be found
on your system. Please see config.log for more details.

In particular, if you have Boost installed in a non-standard location,
please use the 'includepath' option to add this location to the search path.
For example, a Mac using Boost installed with MacPorts will have the Boost
headers in /opt/local/include, so edit (or create) config.py and add the line

includepath='/opt/local/include'

I'm trying to include it directly with this line in config.py, but no luck:

includepath='/usr/include/boost'

Help! ;)