Re: [IMP-dev] Loading multiple molecules from a pdb file

Just to clarify:

1st cent)

Why limiting ourselves saying that we read models, or produce models, or do whatever with models? It is auto-destructive.  We read, produce or treat STRUCTURES, and that is what a PDB contains, a chemical structure. And that is the term that I am proposing instead of UNIVERSE (which is confusing).

2nd cent)

Daniel's alternative of reading Hierarchies[1].Residues[1] is clearly less understandable that my proposal Structure.Proteins[1].Residues[1].Atoms[1].

My proposal, by the way, is Dina's 4 levels with more adequate chemical terms, imho. Substitute Proteins for Nucleic acids or whatever is adequate, of course.

Javi

2009/10/8 Dina Schneidman <">>
that is what it currently reads