Re: [IMP-dev] Data files in IMP

Daniel Russel wrote:
>> That's the usual Unix way of doing things, so I think we should go for
>> that. Each module can have a data directory at the same level as the
>> existing src, include, pyext, etc. directories, and at install time
>> these files can be placed in /usr/share/imp/modulename/ or similar.
> Again, it is pretty important for debugging that we support installation
> into the build directory or somewhere which doesn't involve copying
> headers. I don't think that involves too much messing with the install
> scripts.

Of course - I agree, and will set something up to do just this.

>> You'd still need [imppy.sh] - or something equivalent - for the Python path, and
>> on platforms other than Linux and Mac where rpath doesn't work.
> Typically you install things somewhere where those things are already
> set up (otherwise it is a useless installation).

Of course - you don't need imppy.sh to run an installed version of IMP.
That's never been the case, and the install target does not install
imppy.sh. I was referring to the use of IMP in the build directory,
which in most cases is not in the Python path.