Re: [IMP-dev] performance of Connectivity restraint

It appears that all of the time is spent evaluating the harmonic when the number of particles in large (say 1000). This makes sense as the code was designed more for Frank's case where there are only a few proteins of each type (and so the only quadratic steps were computing all pairs between the particles representing a pair of proteins in the LowestRefinedPairScore).

One option would be to use a ClosePairsScoreState and change the connectivity restraint to get its pairs from that. Then the connectivity restraint would only search through edges defined by pairs in a PairContainer and then you can fill that however you want. If you are lazy, then you just use an AllPairsPairContainer and replicate the current behavior (module particle refiners, which would have to be worked in another way). Comments?