Re: [IMP-dev] Restraints and Hierarchy

thanks Ben !
but do you mean  to keep each gravity

center particle at the center of mass of its CHILDREN particles.
?
On Jan 26, 2009, at 7:46 AM, Ben Webb wrote:

Keren Lasker wrote:
Lets say I have two proteins A and B and I want to calculate a distance
restraint between them.
Usually it would be preferable to calculate the distance restraint
between their centroids.
However, their centroids are derived from the positions of their atoms. So - even if I calculate the centroids of the protein particle and add XYZ attributes, the calculating of the distance restraint will be true for the first time - but the state of the XYZ attributes of the protein
particles should be updated according to the atom positions.

One option is to use a GravityCenterScoreState to keep each gravity
center particle at the center of mass of its parent particles.