Re: [IMP-dev] maximum diameter restraints

For small numbers of particles, the quadratic approach should be faster. What small means is less clear :-)

On Dec 3, 2008, at 2:41 PM, "Friedrich Foerster" <">> wrote:

currently, we do not have too many particles. but of course it'd be nice to have a faster restraint in any case ;)

tx

frido

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:01 PM, Daniel Russel <">">> wrote:
Keren Lasker wrote:
> Ben - I might be missing something here but the centroid changes at
> each optimization step - so this means that the particle will converge
> slower in the O(N) suggestion than in the O(N^2) suggestion - since
> the centroid of the previous iteration will hold it back.

The score state is updated before the restraints are evaluated, so it
will always have the position of the current centroid.