Re: [IMP-dev] Extra root

Daniel Russel wrote:
The idea is to have a general mechanism to add a path to the compiler search paths for libraries and include files. The standard mechanisms are either to use CPPFLAGS and LIBFLAGS environment variables

Actually, those are for non-directory flags, e.g. debugging, optimization etc. scons uses CPPPATH and LIBPATH for the search paths.

or add libname=path_to_lib for each libname.

This is modeled after the common autoconf-style --with-foo or --include-foo options.

What I really want is an "add this path to the include search path" and "add this path to the lib search path" option that can be passed multiple times to scons so we can add more than one thing. i.e.

scons addlibpath=$HOME/fs/ib addlibpath=/opt/local/lib addincludepath= $HOME/fs/include

Well, you can't do that, because you can't pass arguments multiple times to scons, but as of r554 it will accept 'include' and 'lib' options to add to the include and library paths respectively. If you want to add multiple directories, you can join them with the ':' character (';' on Windows) as per usual.