Re: [IMP-dev] NBL cleanup and other small patches

On May 6, 2008, at 4:05 PM, Ben Webb wrote:

Daniel Russel wrote:
I am sure they are. But given we currently only use gcc, we should at
least get it working there :-)

Actually the Windows builds use MSVC, of course. And various non-Linux
Unixes do (or can) use other C++ compilers - for example, we use xlc on
AIX and Sun C on Solaris.
We build on lots of things, I don' t think any of us actually use IMP with anything other than gcc. The issue is one that primarily comes up when you are developing IMP or installing it multiple times, so getting it right on gcc gives us most of the current utility. That's all I way saying.