Re: [IMP-dev] Nonbonded lists

Daniel Russel wrote:
Does it makes sense to have sphere and non-sphere versions of nonbonded lists (ones with and without non-zero radii)? I know there are contexts where you can get away with the latter, but it seems like we mostly want spheres and the added confusion and maintenance burden might overwhelm the advantage. Thoughts? I don't see myself using the non-sphere version.

How would you propose implementing electrostatics, implicit solvation, statistical potentials, etc. with the sphere-based list? None of these have particle radii.