Re: [IMP-dev] version and last_modified_by

Daniel Russel wrote:
First, replace last_modified_by with get_author and version with get_version. Second, define a standard IMP version number and use it for all objects in the IMP kernel. And have a standard author list (or just say "IMP core developers" and give some general imp email address).

How about we go one step further and do something like (pseudo code)

struct VersionInfo {
  std::vector author, version;
}

virtual Restraint::get_version_info {
  return VersionInfo("IMP core developers", "SVN");
}

That way 1) a module can define a static VersionInfo somewhere (or a get_version_info() function) and all restraints etc. can return the same thing and 2) we reduce the number of virtual methods by one.