Re: [IMP-dev] MonteCarlo

Daniel Russel wrote:
Keren was interested in Monte Carlo optimization, so I thought I might submit the one I wrote. It is structured as an optimizer coupled with a set of Movers which propose moves. The optimizer holds a collection of Movers and a local optimizer (which can be used to mix local optimization with monte-carlo). Current movers take a set of particles and a set of attributes and perturb all of those attributes on each of the particles either uniformly in a a ball or with a normal distribution.

Sounds good so far.

A class called MoveGuard keeps track of the information necessary to revert if the monte carlo step is rejected. Note that as it stands, writing a Mover in Python would take noticeably more work as the macro does a good bit of work.

I would comment on this, but you seem to have forgotten to include the patch. ;)

As a note, my current implementation uses the boost random number library.

Anybody have any problem with that? If not, I will add the boost requirement to the build system. I don't think it's unreasonable.