Re: [IMP-dev] ListRestraint

Daniel Russel wrote:
I implemented a 1 particle analog of the new Nonbonded restraint. It stores a list of particles and applies a SingletonScore to each particle in the list. One SingletonScore is provided which applies a unary function to the distance to a fixed point. Other ones we might want are ones which restraint based on a single coordinate or pairs of coordinates.

Sounds reasonable. But the patch doesn't apply:
$ patch -p0 < ~/list
patching file kernel/include/IMP/restraints/ListRestraint.h
patching file kernel/include/IMP/SingletonScore.h
patching file kernel/include/IMP/singleton_scores/DistanceToSingletonScore.h
patching file kernel/include/IMP/singleton_scores/SConscript
patching file kernel/src/singleton_scores/SConscript
patching file kernel/src/singleton_scores/DistanceToSingletonScore.cpp
patching file kernel/src/restraints/ListRestraint.cpp
patching file kernel/test/restraints/test_list.py
patching file kernel/pyext/IMP.i
patch: **** malformed patch at line 400: @@ -82,6 +91,7 @@

On a separate note, I would move that we remove SphericalRestraint immediately and DistanceRestraint eventually as both roles are better served by bulk restraints.

There are plenty of applications for individual distance restraints. But SphericalRestraint should certainly be handled with a ListRestraint and SingletonScore, agreed.