Re: Helper functions

Daniel Russel wrote:
(excellent summary snipped)
Personally I think the class based approach is better, but Brett liked databases and went with the former. The one thing I think we should not do is mix the two. Either everything is an object and you get things through C++ calls or everything is as it is currently and you manipulate things through helper functions. If we mix, it is hard to keep track of what everything is and make sure that things like saving and restoring state happen properly as well as just being ugly.

I agree 100%, and I guess I wasn't being very clear in my previous emails, because this is exactly my position. We can do attributes, or we can do objects, and shouldn't mix them. If it becomes clear that we have to switch from attributes to objects, I'd much rather we do that now, because it'll be really hard to do it later.